How to Use a Low Mortgage Rate Market
The basic reason we look for a loan with a low mortgage rate is to save money, get out of debt quickly or simply to better our financial position. Here, you will be provided with the perfect guidance on how to use a low mortgage rate market to the fullest. The tips below will guide you to select the right interest rate that will give you the right approach towards mortgage loans.
Some tips on how to use low mortgage rate market to reap maximum benefits:
– Mortgage rates fluctuate frequently. But that does not mean that as soon as you find a low mortgage rate, you lock it immediately. You need to keep in mind other costs of mortgage along with your monthly payment.
– One option on how to use the low mortgage rate market is to opt for 15-year-old mortgage. This is because it has a higher monthly payment but low mortgage rate. Although 15-year mortgage rates are only about 0.25% lower than 30 year fixed mortgage rate it can make a substantial difference. This is applicable for buyers with a sufficient and steady income with a desire to clear the mortgage in a short time.
– For buyers who have irregular income, it is suggested that you opt for a 30 year fixed rate mortgage loan. When the monthly payments are fixed you will have lesser problems to adjust your budget and will not require refinancing your mortgage.
– If you have an existing mortgage loan with the rate of interest higher than the current low mortgage rate market, then you can plan to take a mortgage refinance loan. Taking a refinance loan with low mortgage rate will help you reduce your monthly payments and total cash outlay on interest payment.
-Low mortgage rate will vary according to the nature of the refinance loan you opt for. By nature we mean whether it is fixed rate refinance loan or an adjustable rate refinance loan. Before refinancing you have to keep in mind the current national fees, the income and your expected income in the years to come, how long you intend to live in the house, etc.
– It is advisable to refinance with a low fixed interest rate when the mortgage rates are low, but expected to rise in future if you have an existing adjustable rate mortgage. Unlike variable mortgage rate that starts out low but then can rise quite high, the fixed mortgage loan will remain constant.
-If you are a first time buyer, the best time to get a home is when the mortgage rates are at their lowest. Accumulate as much as you can for your down payments and extra fees to secure low mortgage rate. -Summer is the busiest time of the year for the real estate market so there are a lot of buyers and competition. Therefore, in order to avail low mortgage rate winter is a better time, as there is less competition.
Employ the above tips to use the low mortgage rate market to your advantage and save money to fulfill bigger dreams in life.